Yesterday we received the good news that we have been accepted by both the adoption agency and the orphanage in Haiti! We will be adopting from God's Littlest Angels. Both Ryan and I are so excited to experience how big God is through their ministry.
We have started to very slowly talk with Johnathan and Tenleigh about how our family will be growing and changing. Johnathan and I watched a YouTube video the other evening about the orphanage. In typical, sweet 4 year old fashion he was so excited to see a little boy's birthday party and another little boy wearing a Batman shirt! I love the simple, precious ways that he's able to relate to these children; who no doubt have had a start to life quite different than his own. And our little Tenleigh, with all her spunk and vigor, shares in the experience with nothing but pure joy, dancing and jumping when we pray for children that need a mommy and daddy.
Tonight my prayer is that through this long wait and extensive paperwork, Ryan and I will remember what Johnathan and Tenleigh are teaching us: keep it simple, and move in faith and joy!
Amazing, awesome, and beautiful! What a great journey this will be!! Congratulations, Vick family!
ReplyDelete