Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 Weeks!!

5 weeks, people!! That's how much time lapsed from applying with USCIS and GETTING APPROVAL!! Yes!! That's right! On Saturday received what's called the I-171.  Our agency says it's *the* document that they wait for so that we can send our dossier!!

So... this week I have been making copies of all of our dossier pages, and Ryan and I had to get several cover pages notarized.  This whole dossier bit makes me nervous because there are such specific instructions... and one would think that as long as you follow the instructions you should be fine... but remember, the instructions are like 30 pages long!  My major goal is to get our copies sent to our agency first thing next week.

I am getting impatient with myself again.  I feel like we should've had all of these copies already done.  But Ryno reminds me that 1) I'm now working full-time.  In a new position.  Starting up a new program.  2) My sweets Johnathan and Tenleigh need me just as much as ever!,  3) Ryan's been traveling a lot, and 4) I'm working out!! Yes! You read that right! I'm working out!! :D 

Some time ago I was telling Ryan about how excited I am to meet our child for the first time. What an awesome moment it will be... and although our little one may not be responsive to us at all, it will still be an awesome moment for us.  And just like the first time we met Johnathan and Tenleigh, we will want to document our meeting in pictures!  But oh how I want to be able to look back at those pictures and only feel JOY and PEACE and GRATITUDE... and not be thinking, "Uffda! Where'd that booty come from!?" 

And so... seeing that infant boy referral time is now at 5 MONTHS (!!!) I'm determined to get into better shape than I have been in for years.  And I am so blessed! I have workout buddies!  We call ourselves "The Triplets"... but we look NOTHING alike!  One of us is taller with light brown hair, one of us is shorter with very dark hair, and one of us is Miss Liberia 2007! :)  But the three of us have buddied up to ROCK IT at our local fitness classes!  I am so grateful for the laughter, the accountability, and these awesome, beautiful women that are actually helping me in more ways than they probably realize.

I guess 'big things' really are happening, and things really are moving... even though it may not always feel like it as I sit at the copy machine... again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment